Forums » Project Fedena - UI related » Dates before 1973
When adding anything with a date there's no way to add a date before 1973. How can I extend this limit, we have students that are older than 40.
Also, I added two new courses a minute ago, but was unable to delete them, coming up with this message: "Unable to Delete. Please remove existing batches and students. I don't know what they meant? Hope this may give you some clue. Thanks
@nolageek

hello when ever you create a course then automatically section also created.. if you want to delete the course

settings-->Manage Course/Batch-->Manage Batch-->select course--->

then you will find on batch on it... click on the batch then you will find Delete button... here you can delete a batch. then go to course, delete course it will be deleted.

Note: if any students are assigned to that which you want top delete first remove student from that course or batch other wise you can not delete course or batch..

thanks
regards
bennulabs@gmail.com
Hi nolageek,

regarding the 1st problem... go to corresponding views page i.e. in case of student admission page, open your_fedena/app/views/student/admission1.html.erb and check the date of birth section, change the year range
I am trying to delete an item from " admissions additional details" but it keeps saying "Sorry! Unable to delete when entries exists under the selected detail"

How can I find out what entries exist under the detail I'm trying to remove? I've never assigned any values to them in any students.
Is there no way to delete these items in "admissions additional details" once they're created?
Surajit

can u teach me step by step on how to change the years.?

im confusing with the coding...
hi!riakai
In case of student admission page, open your_fedena/app/views/student/admission1.html.erb and open with notepad ++ or wordpad in the line 110 you can see
I18n.l(Date.today-5.years,:format=>:default) , :year_range => 40.years.ago..0.years.ago,:popup=>"force" %>
so,if you want to change the year range change the 40 number!!
I am trying to delete an item from " admissions additional details" but it keeps saying "Sorry! Unable to delete when entries exists under the selected detail"

How can I find out what entries exist under the detail I'm trying to remove? It even says this immediately after creating a test field. I've never assigned any values to them in any students. Is there no way to delete these items in "admissions additional details" once they're created?
Hi nolageek,
please run this in script/console

StudentAdditionalDetail.find(:all, :conditions=>{:additional_field_id=>admissions_additional_details_id}, :select=>[:student_id])

N.B. admissions_additional_details_id = The corresponding id of the admissions additional details

here you can see all the student ids. So you can go to the corresponding student additional details page and delete it and then delete the admissions additional details. It should work