Forums » Fedena installation and troubleshooting » Bad wkhtmltopdf's path
Hi all

Iam trying to get my pdf reports to work but no dice. I tried double quotes, single quotes, inside fedena directory outside...used one method used both methods. Even set secruity settings to excute etc...but just no go...path to wkhtmltopdf error.....

I using windows 2008 R2 64 bit server. I installed the wkhmtltopdf.exe to the c:\wkhtmlpdf. I set the information in the config section as below. I used both type of quotes.

So do i need to restart the mongrel service each time i change the code well tried that as well too...

WickedPdf.config = {
:wkhtmltopdf => 'C:\wkhtmltopdf\wkhtmltopdf.exe',
:layout => "pdf.html",
:margin => { :top=> 40,
:bottom => 20,
:left=> 30,
:right => 30},
:header => {:html => { :template=> 'layouts/pdf_header.html.erb'}},
:footer => {:html => { :template=> 'layouts/pdf_footer.html.erb'}}
}

Error details

RuntimeError in EmployeeController#profile_pdf
Bad wkhtmltopdf's path
RAILS_ROOT: C:/Inetpub/vhosts/cblengineering.co.tt/fedena

Application Trace | Framework Trace | Full Trace
C:/Inetpub/vhosts/cblengineering.co.tt/fedena/vendor/plugins/wicked_pdf/lib/wicked_pdf.rb:27:in `initialize'
C:/Inetpub/vhosts/cblengineering.co.tt/fedena/vendor/plugins/wicked_pdf/lib/pdf_helper.rb:53:in `new'
C:/Inetpub/vhosts/cblengineering.co.tt/fedena/vendor/plugins/wicked_pdf/lib/pdf_helper.rb:53:in `make_pdf'
C:/Inetpub/vhosts/cblengineering.co.tt/fedena/vendor/plugins/wicked_pdf/lib/pdf_helper.rb:65:in `make_and_send_pdf'
C:/Inetpub/vhosts/cblengineering.co.tt/fedena/vendor/plugins/wicked_pdf/lib/pdf_helper.rb:17:in `render'
C:/Inetpub/vhosts/cblengineering.co.tt/fedena/app/controllers/employee_controller.rb:671:in `profile_pdf'

Request
Parameters:

{"id"=>"1"}

Show session dump

---

Response
Headers:

{"Content-Type"=>"",
"Cache-Control"=>"no-cache"}